Advanced Visual Production (“AVP”) is an event design and audio-visual company with over twenty years of experience providing sound, lighting, and video solutions for private, corporate, and institutional customers. We seek to improve upon our successful word-of-mouth marketing efforts by hiring a Sales and Marketing Manager to design and implement a more formalized customer outreach, acquisition, and retention program.
The successful candidate will have documented experience implementing, managing, or significantly contributing to the sales cycle for a small business. The ideal candidate will also have worked in the event production, entertainment, or hospitality industries, with an ingrained understanding of the unique challenges of this time-sensitive and technologically involved field.
Some travel for customer meetings may be required. We believe our sales team will benefit from occasional involvement in customer projects in order to maintain a full understanding of our portfolio of services. As such, limited night and weekend work may be expected.
- Work directly with owner and with division managers (Events, Rentals, Installations, and Studio) to establish marketing projects, target customer groups, and sales goals.
- Implement CRM system with customer journeys customized for each target group within each division.
- Create (or manage the creation of) marketing materials in various formats for print and internet.
- Work with website subcontractor to manage landing pages, ad campaigns, and SEO activities in pursuit of our sales goals.
- Establish and maintain relationships with customers through regular communication.
- Prepare event proposals, budgets, and contracts, with the assistance of project managers as needed.
- Manage the customer experience through the marketing, sales, and contracting phase until hand-off to a project manager for execution.
- Follow up with customers to confirm a quality experience, leverage network connections, and expand the customer’s utilization of our company.
- Author and post regular social media and blog posts in pursuit of above activities by aggregating event info, photos, and descriptions from our project managers.
- Five years of experience in sales and marketing, or superlative coursework in same, with demonstrable practical ability.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience writing marketing language and ad copy.
- Positive, outgoing, customer-centric attitude.
- Touch typist with relevant computer skills (Word templates, Excel mail merges, online filesharing tools such as Drive and Dropbox).
- Experience with graphic design (Adobe programs), or in contracting with graphics designers.
- Creative-minded, with the ability to respond to a customer’s needs with unique ideas.
- Ability to manage concurrent projects while looking forward to seasonal marketing goals.
This is a largely self-driven position with flexibility to design and implement programs and procedures as you see fit. Please use your cover letter to explain how you would fit in to this position, what unique qualifications you would bring, and how you would compensate for any ways in which you don’t meet our preferred qualifications.
To be negotiated based on experience. We anticipate a base salary plus commission, with bonuses or raises contingent on meeting agreed-upon sales goals. AVP offers competitive PTO and 60% payment of company health and dental policy.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and two references to email@example.com, with the email subject “Sales and Marketing Manager”. Samples of any marketing copy or design work can be considered. You may direct any questions about AVP or this position to the same address.